Discoloration in your electrical panel is often a sign of a surge in your home. Though many instantly think of a nearby lightning strike, a surge actually occurs in your home thousands of times a day. A surge is simply a sudden spike in electricity. So each time your dryer, refrigerator, microwave, HVAC and any other device is turned on, a surge occurs. Clearly, the level of surge is what ultimately determines if it is or could be a hazard. Surges in your home can damage thousands of dollars of electronics. By installing a Home Surge Protector, you are giving those surges a path back to earth. A surge protector affixes to its own breaker inside of your panel. It then essentially takes those spikes in electricity and grounds them. It’s an added peace of mind that should be in every home. Call us today to schedule your appointment.